A few of my favorites, mostly from Argentina:
- True, crickets don’t work. But ants can’t sing.
- Poverty is a time bomb.
- Fight hunger and poverty! Eat poor people!
- If you’re surprised by a storm at sea, pray, but do not stop paddling toward shore.
- God lives, it’s a miracle!
- Everybody makes promises but nobody keeps them. Vote for nobody!
- Blessed are the drunkards, for they will see God twice.
- The revolution is the orgasm of the people.
- When a politician says yes, he means maybe, when he says maybe, he means no, and when he says no, he means it’s not political.
- A war may begin with a small detail…like a speck in the sky dropping bombs.
- In ’73 we were on the brink, and today, we can proudly say that we have taken a step forward.
And best of all:
- Tremble Fascists…Maradona is a lefty.